We are three friends in Colorado who are virtually training together to run a half marathon during the fall of 2011. Some of us are veteran half marathoners, and for some, this will be our first. We'll be using this blog to document our training and nutrition, our struggles, and to inspire each other and you!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's All Down Hill From Here

It's All Down Hill From Here
Starting Downhill


Wednesday, June 22nd
Michelle
Today's Milage: 5.1

Let's start by wishing all those pedaling today a safe and happy bike to work day. 

When I leave my house, I have no idea where I am going. I choose a route that I have never done and go for it. Right now, I am focused on how long I run, not how far I go. I have to train my body to just keep moving.

This morning I chose a run that started downhill. This can only mean one of two things:

A. I have to face this hill on my way back
B. I have to go out of my way to avoid the hill again

I chose the latter and made a HUGE loop hoping for some downhill on the way back. It paid off. I had a pleasant downhill stride the last mile.

My preference is to tackle my hills in the beginning than the end, but I don't get to choose race day. Can't wait for my first real hill workout ugh!