We are three friends in Colorado who are virtually training together to run a half marathon during the fall of 2011. Some of us are veteran half marathoners, and for some, this will be our first. We'll be using this blog to document our training and nutrition, our struggles, and to inspire each other and you!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How am I THIS sore?

Michelle
8.2 miles - on a bike

SO, I hit the pavement this morning after taking a day off to recover from a workout that consisted of 200 lunges, a series of sit-ups and some push-ups. This workout seemed like a great idea at the time, to continue my leg strength for my 14er climbs this summer but was only a reminder the next few days that I need to do more lunges and squats. More legs in general.

Needless to say, I ran about a block before I pooped out. Yes, I was going to die so I stopped. I marched back into the garage and grabbed my bike turned up my ipod and headed for the Poudre Trail. I made myself get up out of the saddle for a lot of the ride to work out the soreness in my legs.

I am feeling better today...still walking a bit funny and bending down is not fun, but I am alive.

Tomorrow I will work it out with fartleks and additional squats.

Sigh, oh the joys of training!