We are three friends in Colorado who are virtually training together to run a half marathon during the fall of 2011. Some of us are veteran half marathoners, and for some, this will be our first. We'll be using this blog to document our training and nutrition, our struggles, and to inspire each other and you!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back In The Saddle

Wednesday
View of the Indian Peaks from Mt. Audubon
Michelle
2 Mile Loop

SO between climbing 14ers (and 13ers) joining a gym and biking, I have been inconsistent with my running. I find most times, I would rather be on the trail up a peak than logging the same milage on the track. I also find that I would rather climb 13.2 miles and gain elevation than running 13.2 miles on flat surface.

What I need now is true motivation to push myself through an uncomfortable part of my training. I have found that in the past, once I start hitting the 6, 7, 8 and even 9 mile runs, it starts getting easier - (probably because by then I am in better running shape). 

How will I push myself PAST my comfort level to have a breakthrough in my training? Stay tuned....