We are three friends in Colorado who are virtually training together to run a half marathon during the fall of 2011. Some of us are veteran half marathoners, and for some, this will be our first. We'll be using this blog to document our training and nutrition, our struggles, and to inspire each other and you!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Five Days....

August 31, 2011
Rachel
Today's Mileage: 0.50 miles

This morning I went to my boot camp class at the rec center (a class I LOVE which I've been attending twice a week since January). I mostly went to touch base with some of the women I've become friendly with (two of whom are also training for a half marathon) and to ask my instructor, who is a great athlete and racer, for any last minute tips.

The workout this morning was a High Intensity Interval Training (H.I.I.T) workout and I figured I need some cardio at this point, so I participated for about half of the hour long class.

image credit

I also didn't want to risk injuring myself or getting sore muscles at this point, so after a half hour, I left to find a place to stretch. I spent a good 20-25 minutes stretching really well...better than I ever do. It was great to be up early (again, it will help me sleep well tonight) and to get some activity in. Continuing to feel confident and excited....